vrijdag 25 april 2008

Robin Stam, Duval Guillaume Brussels


Whoever thinks a blog where other people write for you is easier than writing for a blog yourself, is wrong. Of course other people do the writing. But every week I have to e-mail people, give instructions, remember them of the deadlines (and taking into account that in some countries the reminder mail arrives when everybody's still asleep), writing an introduction, correcting the spelling mistakes (especially the texts of art-directors) and putting everything online. Sometimes it's difficult to reach somebody and for a couple of weeks in a row I could always find somebody who -after some begging- was willing to write an article within one day.

But this week I failed in that. For the first time. So what is my solution? I'm going to write something about me, myself and I again. Which is not too bad, except for the fact that the only time I can do this is now, on a Friday night, while Edwin -a Dutch friend of mine who just came from Berlin- is watching television on my couch.

During my work I had no time at all. Yigit and I had to arrange a photoshoot for Monday. From the time I entered the agency I was crushed by an avalanche of work. Calling the photographer, solving mail problems because the casting pictures didn't arrive, looking at the casting pictures with Yigit when they arrived, calling the creative directors cause they were both out of the agency, choosing locations, choosing the styling, choosing the style of light the photographer has to use. And in between we did a voice over recording in the sound studio for another project.

When I picked up Edwin from the airport I was still on the phone with Yigit. A couple of phonecalls later it was finally weekend. After a day like this, when you're running like a steamtrain on dynamite, it's actually the work that keeps you going. So when I was in the train from Brussels to Antwerp, it was like somebody put me in off-mode. As soon as I sat down in the train my body collapsed and my hands were still shaking as if they don't know what to do when the work is done.

All the briefings we neglected today are still haunting me this weekend. I love my work and I'm totally dedicated to making the best advertising possible. But in my opinion, part of doing your job well is knowing when to stop. So this weekend I'm going party a lot to get some 'mental rest'. Work hard, party harder.

Geen opmerkingen: