vrijdag 28 maart 2008

Ron Cheong, Mindshare Guangzhou (China)


Combining your private life with working isn't easy in China, where working overtime is considered "all in a day's job". The Malaysian Ron Cheong is combining her advertising career with playing basketball competitions on top level. After her study in Advertising and Marketing Communication she freelanced as a designer in Malaysia. Then she travelled to China to become a designer/assistent art-director at Mindshare. It's just a matter of time before she'll make a leap forward in her career and become a junior art-director. Ron proves that when you have a busy life, it's passion that truly keeps you going.


It's been a rainy week. My last weekend was supposed to hang up, watching people walking all over the street for inspiration, getting ideas, etc. I ended up watching DVD at home. From comedy to violent types of movies. This is what I must do when I have free time. I can't stop to explore things that have to do with visuals, design execution, ideas. This is the homework for when I have to face my work. Visuals and ideas come from things that surround you in everyday life. And all these things kept me going every week over and over again. Because all these little things happening around you change every minute. This is also why I can overcome different task given to me by my CD and my Art Director.

Every piece of art work is improving week after week. At all time, I'm quite satisfied with the work I did the week before but when I recall my work from a week back it's just so-so or I don't think it's good enough. I have this feeling, that this happens to all creatives. Correct me if I am wrong!!

Well, advertising really makes me going crazy. Advertising is taking an important part of my life. When I'm enjoying advertising, I'm enjoying my life.

In every weekend, once I am out, I made a lot of friends. I love talking and I love to make someone else talk. They're usually quite curious about me and say I am lovable, open minded and the last thing they will ask is... what I do! I said I do Advertising proudly. Communication plays an important role in advertising. You want to know someone or you want to be known? It's just like you are being creative and letting people know your products.

Geen opmerkingen: